Samuel Langhorne Clemens, better known by his pen name Mark Twain, was an American author and humorist. He wrote The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and its sequel, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, the latter often called "the Great American Novel.
- “If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
- “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
- “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
- “Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well".
- “Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company.”