Thursday 23 January 2014

22 quotes by Steven Gerrard on Soccer, Fans and Liverpool

Biography:

Steven George Gerrard, (born 30 May 1980) is an English footballer who plays for and captains both Premier League club Liverpool and the England national team. He is known as one of the most inventive and the best players of his generation. 

Various Quotes:

1) We are Liverpool Football Club and the expectations are so high.
Steven Gerrard1.jpg
2) Even now I can say I'd love to finish my career here, and then stay in the game after that.
3) How can I think of leaving Liverpool after a night like this? I am really happy with the club. I will be having talks with the chairman and the manager shortly, but it is looking good. Liverpool fans are crazy, they were unbelievable, and I'd like to dedicate this victory to them.
4) This club is all about winning trophies and we've got a chance of bringing the greatest trophy of them all back to Anfield, so it means a great deal obviously.
5) It will be the proudest moment of my life leading Liverpool out. I've dreamed of this day since I was a kid, kicking a ball against the wall in the street where I lived. What could be better than leading Liverpool out for the Champions League final? Only lifting the trophy. We need everyone, all 11 players who start and the subs, to be ready to give everything. We need that mentality, when everyone has to put everything on the line for Liverpool. That is what it will take to win. We have to make sure we don’t have any regrets at the final whistle.

6) The odds were against us, but we deserve to be where we are.
7) The Champions League is the competition everyone wants to be in.
8) I will be the one lifting that trophy, not Paolo Maldini. Imagine me hoisting the trophy. It is an image I have in my mind and I want to make it a reality. We have world-class players and, believe me, they are in the mood to do it. The atmosphere around the club at the moment is just top-class.
9) We were massive underdogs at the beginning of the competition and I'll put my hands up say and I didn't think we were going to go all the way. But, as you can see, we are never beaten. The manager told us to keep our chins up, to try and score early in the second half and give some respect for the fans. The first goal gave us a bit of belief. The supporters have saved up for weeks and months to come here. I am so happy to lift the cup for the fans." 
Steven Gerrard.jpg
10) We need to forget about mistakes and take the positives.

11) There is going to be a lot asked of me over the next few weeks but I am getting more experience now and learning all the time.

12) I think we could do with being a little more adventurous in certain areas and push on that little bit more, while a bit of luck also wouldn't go amiss.

13) Obviously the fans are very important to me, in fact they mean everything to me and they are the people I try to please when I play.

14) My message to the fans would be that hopefully I can continue to perform as consistently as I have done this season and lift a trophy for them soon.

15) I'll admit, it gives me a real buzz when I hear my name being chanted and that feeling is the same now as it was when I first broke into tension of ever going to play at another club.

16) I think it all goes down to who plays the better football on the night.
17) I watched Italia '90 with my Mum and Dad and my brother, you know, leaping around the house when the penalties were on... It would be great to be part of that, to have that kind of impact.
18) I'm a fan myself and I'm frustrated just as much as them when we get beat.
19) I've got absolutely no intention of ever going to play at another club.
20) The fans have played a massive part in getting us to where we are, but the job's not finished. 21) To me it's the best trophy you can win and to bring it back for all them fans that have supported us right through would be something special. 22) I think every player listens out for his name being sung and it's something I really enjoy. But I it doesn't matter who scores the goals so long as we win. This club is all about winning trophies and we've got a chance of bringing the greatest trophy of them all back to Anfield, so it means a great deal obviously.